Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER WITH US
SJ Blinds Ltd (registered no. 06885771).
Our address is:
28 Liddon Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 2SS.
We can be contacted at:
www.blindsfitted.com or 0203 390 2053 during office hours which are Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
Please read the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out below carefully before ordering any Goods from us. By ordering any Goods from us you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
“Goods” is a reference to any made to measure blinds which we offer for sale from time to time;
“you”, “your” and “yours” are references to you the person accessing this Website and/or ordering any Goods from us;
“we”, “us” and “our” are references to S J Blinds Ltd; and
“Website” is a reference to our Website www.measure4blinds.co.uk on which we offer our Goods.
- Any contract for the supply of Goods from us is between you and S J Blinds Ltd. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You warrant that you are over 18 years of age and that you are not registered blind or partially sighted. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide to us are your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- Goods purchased from us are intended for your use only and you warrant that any Goods purchased by you are not for resale and that you are acting as principal only and not as agent for another party.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- Any order that you place with us is subject to product availability and acceptance by us. When you place your order with us we will check available stock and confirm if there are any problems usually within 3 working days. We will require at least 50% deposit to get your order underway. We will not take your order further until we receive your deposit payment and any given fitting day will be delayed and a new date will be set.
- Please note if you are placing an order by viewing samples on our website the exact colour and shading of the materials displayed on the website will vary depending on the quality of the device which you use to view the website. We strongly recommend that you request a free sample of our product prior to placing your order to ensure that you are happy with both the colour and quality of the product. We will make every reasonable attempt to ensure that the Goods sold to you match the sample or description you have been given however minor or immaterial variations, change in colour or pattern between the sample and the Goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the Goods not to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
- Unless you have specified otherwise, all Goods will be manufactured to comply with the child safety requirements of BS EN 13120:2009+A1:2014.
3. Fitting Service
- Our fitting service is usually included in the price of your blinds. We will not normally book a fitting date in advance until we have a confirmed delivery date from the factory. On some occasions we may provide a date if we are confident sufficient time has been given for us to receive your blinds. On rare occasions blinds can be delayed and if there is any delay will be contact you by phone or email as soon as we are made aware..
- At your fitting service we will need a clear safe space to work with room for a ladder if required. We will also need to use your electricity to power our drills etc.
- You will need to remove your old window coverings before we arrive but please wait until we confirm the fitting time with you before you do.
- We do not take away old window coverings or blinds packaging but will separate for you the cardboard for your recycling and leave the other packaging in a tidy bag.
- Dust sheets will be used to minimise dust from drilling and we will do our best to clear up and leave your room as tidy as possible. Removing as much furniture and small objects away from your windows as possible will help with keeping your room tidy.
- The total price for Goods ordered, including delivery charges, will be displayed on your Quote/Invoice when you place your order. At least 50% deposit must be made to get your order underway with balance payment due on fitting day.
- 50% deposit payment can be made by bank transfer, Paypal is also possible but we require the full amount in advance (simply follow the link).
- The balance payment must be settled on fitting day which can be paid by bank transfer, Cash, Cheque or Paypal.
5. Delivery For Supply Only Service
- Delivery periods quoted at the time of ordering are approximate only and may vary. Typically our turnaround time is 7 - 10 working days from receipt of your order. Goods will be delivered to the address nominated by you at the time of ordering.
- All orders are delivered by a reputable courier. We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated however we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late ordering. If the Goods are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try to ensure that you receive your order as quickly as possible.
- No refunds of the delivery charge are made for late deliveries.
- Incomplete orders must be notified to us as soon as possible following delivery and within 3 days of delivery. We will either arrange for the missing items to be delivered to you at no extra cost or refund you the original cost of the missing items.
- All risk in the Goods shall pass to you upon delivery.
- If you fail to accept delivery of the Goods at the time they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver the Goods at the nominated time due to your failure to provide appropriate instructions, documentation, licences, consents or authorisations, then the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered to you and all risk and responsibility in relation to such Goods shall pass to you. Any storage, insurance and other costs which we incur as a result of the inability to deliver the Goods shall be your responsibility and you shall indemnify us in full for such cost.
- You must ensure that at the time of delivery of the Goods adequate arrangements are in place for the delivery of the Goods. We cannot be held liable for any damage, cost or expense incurred to the Goods where this arises as a result of a failure to provide adequate access or arrangements for delivery.
- Where delivery is outside the UK, you may be liable to pay additional tax or duty once the Goods reach your country. This may vary from country to country. Please contact your local customs office for more information.
- Please note that Goods may be subject to inspection by your local customs office where delivery is outside the UK.
6. Cancellation and Returns (in addition to any statutory rights which you may have)
- Right to cancel Goods:
- Due to the fact the all Goods are made to measure your specific measurements the right to cancel your order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply. If you need to cancel an order you should contact us immediately on 0203 390 2053 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It may be possible for us to cancel the order if production has not commenced however if production has commenced we will not be able to accept a cancellation. It is important that you double check that all the right details are shown on your Quote/Invoice before you place your order to ensure that this is accurate and it is the product you require.
- Effects of Cancellation:
- If you cancel this contract before production, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery.
- We will make this reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
7. Your Information
- Where we have requested information from you to provide Goods you agree to provide us with accurate and complete information.
- You are entitled to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Please contact us if you wish to request this information.
8. Linked Sites
- There may be a number of links on our Website to third party Websites which we believe may be of interest to you. We do not represent the quality of the goods or services provided by such third parties nor do we have any control over the content or availability of such sites. We cannot accept any responsibility for the content of third party Websites or the services or goods that they may provide to you.
- We take complaints very seriously and aim to respond to your complaints within 5 business days. All complaints should be addressed to email@example.com.
- The information, content and material available on the website may vary from time to time without notice to you. This is in order to ensure that the website is as up to date as possible.
- We aim to have the site available at all times, however, you will appreciate that we cannot guarantee this or that it will be error free and we cannot accept liability for any issues that this may cause. We aim to keep the website as up to date as possible; all product descriptions displayed on the website are correct at the time the information is entered however the information appearing at the time may not always reflect the position exactly at the time you place your order.
- You must not interfere with the working of our website nor must you circumvent security on the site, tamper with, or hack into, or otherwise attempt to disrupt our computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device or service. You must not use the website to gain unauthorised access to any other computer system or website.
- Our website is intended for your personal use only (which must be reasonable and not offensive, abusive or in breach of any law or order). It is not for commercial use and you are not permitted to access, use or copy any material or information on this website for any commercial or unlawful purpose.
- Ownership in, and all rights created in relation to the contents of this website and any trade marks or marks used on the site vest in us absolutely unless otherwise indicated. You must not modify, copy, reproduce, upload, post, transmit or distribute by any means or in any manner whatsoever, any material or information or download from our website except where expressly invited to do so or indicated on our website.
- GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE IS CORRECT AND ERROR FREE. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THAT MAY HAVE OCCURRED. WE CANNOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR FIT FOR PURPOSE, TIMELY, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS OR REPRESENTS THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, OR ACCURACY.
- WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR THE SUPPLY OF THE GOODS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER. IF WE ARE FOUND LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU SUCH LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE RELEVANT GOODS. WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS SUCH AS LOSS OF PROFITS, TO YOU HOWSOEVER ARISING. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DOES NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH ARISING AS A DIRECT RESULT OF OUR NEGLIGENCE.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DELAYS, FAILURES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR LOSS OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, VIRUSES OR OTHER CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES TRANSMITTED TO YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM VIA OUR WEBSITE.
- WE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN DELIVERING GOODS WHERE SUCH FAILURE ARISES AS A RESULT OF ANY ACT OR OMISSION WHICH IS OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL SUCH AS AN ACT OF GOD OR THOSE OF THIRD PARTIES.
- THE PRODUCTS SOLD BY US ARE PROVIDED FOR PRIVATE DOMESTIC AND CONSUMER USE ONLY. ACCORDINGLY, WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT LOSS, CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND/OR LOSS FROM CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM US.
- WE HAVE TAKEN ALL REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT INTERNET FRAUD AND ENSURE ANY DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU IS STORED AS SECURELY AND SAFELY AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE IN THE EXTREMELY UNLIKELY EVENT OF A BREACH IN OUR SECURE COMPUTER SERVERS OR THOSE OF THIRD PARTIES.
- We may subcontract any part or parts of the Goods that we provide to you from time to time and we may assign or novate any part or parts of our rights under these Terms and Conditions without your consent or any requirement to notify you. We may alter or vary the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you.
- If any term or condition of our Agreement shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties hereby agree that such term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in force without such term or condition.
- These Terms and Conditions and our Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. No delay or failure on our part to enforce our rights or remedies under the Agreement shall constitute a waiver on our part of such rights or remedies unless such waiver is confirmed in writing.
- It is not intended that the undertakings and obligations of the parties set out in this Agreement shall be for the benefit of and capable of being enforced by any other person by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.